Author Topic: problem in firefox and chorme  (Read 11873 times)

artlab

problem in firefox and chorme
« on: April 28, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »
Hi All,

I am new to this so need your kind help please.
Installed Open Web Messenger 1.6.4 and its working fine in "Internet Explorer" but there are problem in firefox and chrome.
When I opened "List of awaiting visitors" it showing loading for unlimited time. It is not showing the list of visitors.
Also ChatBox for visitors is not working in firefox and chrome. in ChatBox, visitor are not able to send chat.
Please help me to fix this issue.

ChrisS

Re: problem in firefox and chorme
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
Hi artlab,

Welcome to mibew support forum.
working fine in "Internet Explorer" but there are problem in firefox and chrome.
With an operator on/off line, does the visitor chat popup work OK with the above IE browser when the chat banner image is clicked on.?

Questions to follow but can you send me a link via the forums Pm system [NOT in a post] to a chat banner so I can check it with different browsers my end, it could simple be a browser cookie problem.

Regards

artlab

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
sent you the chat link. please check...

ChrisS

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »
Hi artlab,
It looks as if there's a javascript issue here as I cant send a chat with any browser, what is noticable is the artlab's browser toolbar located at the bottom of the browser shadowing over the chat send button, even with this clicked to move it out of view it's still shadowing the send button, not saying this IS the problem, can you comment out the code that makes the toolbar function.

When opened
Code: [Select]
http://prntscr.com/12igph
Toolbar dropped
Code: [Select]
http://prntscr.com/12igrw
Regards

artlab

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
I removed bottom toolbar... Please check now

ChrisS

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 12:03:47 PM »
Toolbar is still showing, please check before re posting.

Regards

artlab

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »
ChrisS,

thanks you solved my problem.
the problem was because of that bottom toolbar. I removed it and now everything is fine.
thanks

ChrisS

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »
If you would still like to use the toolbar try moving it's code around in, I presume, the header file, However, it does get in the way of the chat button, also, if you were to move the toolbar up slightly within a CSS file it would be annoying to members/visitors.

As your aware but not the readers of this post, tests were carried out on the following browsers & worked fine after removing the toolbar function.

Chrome v 26.0.1410.64 m
Internet explorer v9
Opera v 12.15
Firefox v 20.1

Regards

artlab

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 12:43:37 PM »
Actually I cant fix the position of that toolbar from myside. there is code to paste in website pages. its automatically coming from attracta.com (https://www.attracta.com/) . I had opted tools features from this SEO website and its automatically showing from there. After your suggestion I just disabled that feature. its not necessary for me so I am continuing without it... thanks for your suggestion.