Author Topic: CSRF failure  (Read 11794 times)

ntiboiler

CSRF failure
« on: August 12, 2013, 07:45:11 PM »
The installation of Mibew went great. I am able to log in as Admin with "no password".... However once i try to change anything (like setup my password) and i hit the save button the page goes blank and reads "CSRF failure".... Please help

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: CSRF failure
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Basically, CSRF failure means that the value of the special token stored in your session doesn't match the value of the same token in the incoming request.

You should provide more data on your problem.

Have you tried a different browsers? What hosting platform are you using? And so on.

ntiboiler

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »
I have tried both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I am using Ipage.com as my hosting company. I could provide more information but I do not know what type of information is needed for this type of error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
I have tried both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I am using Ipage.com as my hosting company. I could provide more information but I do not know what type of information is needed for this type of error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

First of all, First of all, we need to define the source of the problem. It can be either a client-side or a server-side (or both  ;)).

Have you tried to use our demo? Are the form submissions there (you can't change admin's password in demo application, but you can change some settings, chat, etc.) works in your browsers as intended?

ntiboiler

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
The demo is working as intended.  However mine is not  :o

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 09:21:02 AM »
The demo is working as intended.  However mine is not  :o

It seems that your problem has something to do with PHP sessions management on your hosting. That happens from time to time: http://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,224.0.html

Are there any other PHP applications you use on the same hosting? Are they works as intended?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:46:51 AM by faf »