Author Topic: Offline image not displaying  (Read 9501 times)

mattieb

Offline image not displaying
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:16:36 PM »
Hi

I have created my own images for online and offline status but when I am pressing "exit" to log out of my chat admin then refreshing my website the "online" image is still displaying.

I called them

chat_on.gif
chat_off.gif

and copied the html from exactly from the button creator

can anyone please help

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Offline image not displaying
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
Actually, an operator is considered to stay online for some time (see Settings -> Performance -> Operator online time threshold) even after he leaved the 'Visitors' page in the administrative interface. It's a standard behaviour.

mattieb

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:34 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the reply, so how can I set the operator as offline when I leave the administrative interface?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:44 AM »
Just decrease the time threshold, and operator will become 'offline' automatically after the specified time.

Also you can use Set status as "Away" link on the Visitors page. This will set the operator offline immediately.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:39:22 AM by faf »

mattieb

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:41:48 AM »
Is there no way to have the operator set as "online" while I am logged in and then as soon as I log out it automatically sets to "offline"

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:10:20 AM »
Ok, I'll try to explain more detail.

The basic concept for operator to be 'online' is to be able to chat with the visitors. So the operator becoming online only when he is entering the 'Visitors' page. And it's intended to be so.

After leaving the 'Visitors' page the operator will automatically become offline even if he is still logged in the system, since he is unable to chat with the visitors in this case. It will happen after the appropriate amount of time defined in the system settings (as it was written above).

If you want to become offline immediately, you can manually change the operator's status (it was written above too).

That's all. There are no other ways to change operator's status in Mibew Messenger 1.6.x.