Author Topic: Visual alert system  (Read 6613 times)

maritca

Visual alert system
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »
Hi, community!
I had installed the Mibew on our company's server (all works good), but our operators complain that it is difficult to monitor new messages from the users, because there is no visual alert.
So, the operator need to visit the page Visitors List to see that someone is waiting for consultation. But our operators keep often their browsers in collapse, while working in another programs. So, they can miss new messages. Headphones or speakers - this option isn't right for them too.

Maybe someone solved a similar problem and knows the solution?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Visual alert system
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »
Just in case... Have you turned on the " Enable "Popup dialog notification of the new visitor". " option in Settings -> Optional Services ?

maritca

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
Yes, of course! But that is does not work.
Now we use pop-up browser notification dialog, for that we have modified client.php. But this notification covers only the browser, but not other applications.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:51:12 AM »
Well, actually Mibew Messenger is a web-based browser application, you know.  :D While desktop notifications requires some third-party application.

Since in Mibew 1.6.x there is no Services API, for now I can only recommend you to try Mibew Tray. It's not supported and almost abandoned (so, we'll be unable to answer your questions about it), but at present time that's the only solution for your problem I see.