Author Topic: SMTP Mail in 1.6.8  (Read 5915 times)

UKTech007

SMTP Mail in 1.6.8
« on: December 10, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
Hi,

I have tried following the Swiftmail advice given in the tip here: http://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,469.0.html but have been unsuccessful.

Many of the references did not make sense so I interpreted them as follows:

Quote from: From tip
Unpack it into /webim/libs/ folder.

My site is owm which is how the software was installed via softolicious.

Should I rename the directory owm to webim ?

I cannot find the webim_mail() function in any .php file

Still I followed and set up the SMTP settings and added the strings as the tip advised but still the system will not send any mail but I get no error messages either.

The SMTP server is working fine and the e-mail credentials are also OK.

Is there not a better way to implement the SMTP settings within the actual Admin settings?

I really like the software and want to use it but this "hacking" of the code is surely not the right way to go is it?

Any advice warmly received,

Thanks

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: SMTP Mail in 1.6.8
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »
Hi!

Actually, I can't tell you anything about Inspirer's solution, but since version 1.6.6 Mibew got rid of any traces of its legacy name. So you should look for /mibew/libs/ folder, mibew_mail function, etc.

As about your suggestion. The features list of Mibew 1.6.x branch is frozen, so we'll not change there anything except for bugfixes and security issues. And as for the upcoming Mibew 2.x... Everything is possible.  ;) We'll return to this feature when Mibew 2.0 will be released (but don't ask me when it will happen).