Author Topic: Mibew Timeout Reconnecting issue  (Read 7465 times)

hzzg6y

Mibew Timeout Reconnecting issue
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
I am on Godaddy Linux shared hosting server installed Mibew 1.6.8 [ Fresh Installation - Tar file].

I have two below things where I need help.

1. Everytime the chat is getting timeout reconnecting & I need to wait for 2-3 minutes.

2. When the Admin / Operator is chatting with Website visitor, I see that chat [ Send Text Area] is getting
freezed.  I am not able to chat or respond fast to visitor's query & after sometime it is allowing to type.

Pleaes can some help /advice /hint  me on this urgently.  I have checked all the post on forums, but nothing
helped me.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Mibew Timeout Reconnecting issue
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
Hi!

For now I can assume two possible groups of causes for such behavior: client-based and server-based.

Server-based can be related to a limits of your shared hosting and its load, etc.

Client-based can be related to your browser and system software, network connection, etc.

If you want more accurate answer you should provide as much information as you can.

hzzg6y

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »
I fail to understand the need of inputs you are asking...

Shared linux server are good enough with ability to share the average bandwidth... 

Client I am using is IE9, Firefox, Chrome... Problem is same every where... timeout - reconnecting after the chat has been established.

I am sure everyone is facing the same problem of timeout - reconnecting... 

I like mibew however reluctant to go ahead with it due to this timeout - reconnecting issue. Please if you can any fix, let me know.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
First of all, I'd recommend you to read this text: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

We have no crystal balls to remotely diagnose your problem and magic wands to fix everything at once. For now we know only that in your case something is broken. So you need to fix something. And we are wasting our time trying to make you help us to solve your problem. There is something wrong in such concept, isn't it?  ???

Client I am using is IE9, Firefox, Chrome... Problem is same every where... timeout - reconnecting after the chat has been established.

You've tried different browsers. Fine. Have you tried them on the same system or on a different ones? Are there any firewalls or something like? Have you tried them with the same network connection or with a different ones?

Shared linux server are good enough with ability to share the average bandwidth... 

Please, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_server

I can even quote something from the document above for you:
Shared hosting usually has usage limits

For now, we know nothing about your shared hosting and its features.

Once again and for the last time, provide as much information as you can.

I am sure everyone is facing the same problem of timeout - reconnecting... 

And that's why you were unable to find any appropriate posts on this forum, right?  ???