Author Topic: Webim is not working with Google Chrome  (Read 6761 times)

andrenomus

Webim is not working with Google Chrome
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
Hello!

I've noticed that our chat is no longer working with Google chrome. The problem happens with the operator and the guest user.  We have been using webim for a while now and our version was very outdated, so at first we though that might be the reason, but even after we installed the updated version the problem persists.

What happens is that the chat area is blank and I can't read anything. The textarea to type is working though, I can type my text, but then the send button don't work.

I've inspected the source code and from what I see, the problem is that inside the chat area, there's an Iframe not loading, it has just the body and nothing inside it. While in firefox that iframe loads just fine.

You can see the problem here: http://www.nomus.com.br/contato/ (click on comercial or support to test)

I hope we can fix this issue! Webim is great and I want to keep using it.

Thank you!!!

andrenomus

Re: Webim is not working with Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »
One important thing I forgot to metion is that we recently added cloudflare to our site. Do you think it might be the reason? We are trying to deactivate it to test.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Webim is not working with Google Chrome
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »
First of all, our project is Mibew Messenger. Not Webim.

Second of all, yes Cloudfare could be the reason. Standard Mibew Messenger 1.6.9 works in Chrome without any troubles. You can check it yourself using our demo installation.