Author Topic: Multilingual Chat  (Read 9474 times)

MeMorpheus

Multilingual Chat
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »
As I'm a new user, can anyone help me on how to setup a multilingual chat. (if possible)

I would like the guest calling in to make a selection of the language they want to chat in.

Then, according to the chosen language, the operator (if he/she is "accredited" for that language) will get the chat and will get the "Canned messages" only in the correct language.

Is this something which is possible ?

We work in 3 languages, so a list of only 10 canned messages is already 30 lines long, way to long to use correctly in a timely fashion. Especially as the answers will be mixed up.

Many thanks

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Multilingual Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:27:09 PM »
In Mibew Messenger 1.6.x there is no simple way to allow visitor to choose the locale on the fly. I'd recommend you to generate separate buttons for every locale and to implement the user's selection of the locale via some kind of simple javascript.

As of canned messages, in the given chat Mibew provides the list of those messages only for the visitor's locale. Are you sure, that you've downloaded and installed the appropriate localization packages?

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »
Actually there is another way to solve your problem.

You can create three operators' groups, one for each language. Each group has its own canned messages. If you enable prechat survey  a visitor can choose a group to chat with.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:02:25 AM »
Oh... Yes, it looks like we have separate canned messages for groups in Mibew 1.6.x. :D

MeMorpheus

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »
Ok, thanks for the groups.

This is in line with what i'm looking for.  A new user will now see the group(s) and can chose from the drop down.  :D

But now, how to attach the canned messages to a certain group ?   :-\

Many thansk

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »
And what's the problem? ???

Go to 'Canned messages', select the group for which you want to add a message, click on 'Add message...'.

Of course, you should enable groups beforehand.

MeMorpheus

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
Yeah, found it. My fault   :(  sorry.

It is a field which is appearing once you have activated the groups so I didn't see it before.

Many thanks.

This thread can be closed.