Author Topic: Entered login/password is incorrect on local dev version of mibew  (Read 5433 times)

Perou

Hi

I've created a local version of my live mibew site by downloading the files and re-building the db on my development machine in order to test my backup and to mess around with the layout without breaking the live site.

When I try to log in I get the error Entered login/password is incorrect.

I've checked the db and the hash of my password is identical to the one on the live site. So is the user name.

I've tried a fresh install followed followed by importing the live db and changing the details in config.yml so they are correct but this did not work.

I've tried hashing a simple password "1234abcd" and copying it to the db (md5 hash) mibconfig table but still could not log in with the new password.

I'm running Apache 2.4.7, mysql 5.6.15, php 5.5.8

If I do a fresh install on my dev machine this works fine. I just cant download my live site and log in

Thanks.

Perou

Re: Entered login/password is incorrect on local dev version of mibew
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 04:24:45 PM »
An update!

If I cut and past the password hash out of the database and into notepad then back into the database I can log in!

I have no idea what's happening here but this is a work around of any one has the same problem.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Entered login/password is incorrect on local dev version of mibew
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:32:29 AM »
Actually, it seems that your troubles is not related to Mibew Messenger. There is something wrong with the process of database contents import. Though, it's good that you were able to solve the problem.