Author Topic: Position of chat window  (Read 6614 times)

rid

Position of chat window
« on: January 15, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »
Is there a setting to dictate where the message or chat window appears? Mine seem to be appearing bottom right but the send message button is not viable without scrolling. I though the general settings geolocation was where this is setup but it makes no difference?? Thanks

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: Position of chat window
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »
Hi rid,

It seems that by default the size of the frame is smaller than the content it needs to fit so to view the send button you will need to scroll. The thread below is about a mobile CSS for Mibew. Check out my post in the thread to view some modifications I suggest which will also make everything fit in the frame.

https://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,191589.0.html

Eyong

rid

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »
That's great, thanks! I can now make the content fit & change the position of the chat window  :D Just one other thing (should I start a new thread?) when I have SSL setup & force all chat to SSL a padlock icon appears in the chat window (in between exit & refresh). If I click on that icon the iframe gives a 404 error?

rid

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:46:26 PM »
I wonder if the SSL icon issue is because I already have HTTPS being "forced" in my (domain root) htaccess file? (so all URL's redirect to HTTPS version by default). Thoughts??

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have experience in this area. Hopefully someone can shed some light...

rid

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »
No problem. One other thing, when setting up an XML sitemap the generator finds the chat window (/chat?locale=en). I'd like to add a no index meta to that page but I'm not sure where in the code that is? If anyone can advise that would be great!