Author Topic: Notification Plugin  (Read 12407 times)

emsjessec

Notification Plugin
« on: September 13, 2019, 07:32:04 PM »
I copied the TrayNotification plugin into Plugins folder.

The plugin does not show in the Plugins list.  Six other plugins are working.  I tried manually specifying it in config.yml and that also didn't work.

Is there a way to find out why the plugin is not working?  Has anyone gotten the plugin working on the current version of Mibew?

emsjessec

Re: Notification Plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:05:23 PM »
The plugin shows in the Plugins list if the namespace is changed from "AARInnovations\Mibew\Plugin\TrayNotification" to "Mibew\Mibew\Plugin\TrayNotification".

I don't know how to actually turn the browser notification mibew setting on so the chat client asks for notification permission.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Notification Plugin
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:30:12 PM »
I copied the TrayNotification plugin into Plugins folder.
Have you built it beforehand?

The plugin does not show in the Plugins list.
Just downloaded and built it. Installation was successful.

I tried manually specifying it in config.yml and that also didn't work.
One need to specify a plugin in configuration only if that plugin needs some configuration params to be set.

Is there a way to find out why the plugin is not working?
What about error logs?

Has anyone gotten the plugin working on the current version of Mibew?
I don't know what it should do, but I was able to install it.

The plugin shows in the Plugins list if the namespace is changed from "AARInnovations\Mibew\Plugin\TrayNotification" to "Mibew\Mibew\Plugin\TrayNotification".
One more time: it is possible to build and install the plugin without any tricks. I don't have a clue what are you doing, but something is wrong.

I don't know how to actually turn the browser notification mibew setting on so the chat client asks for notification permission.
Huh?