Author Topic: Chat interface won't work - ""timeout, reconnecting"  (Read 7006 times)

Orion

Chat interface won't work - ""timeout, reconnecting"
« on: May 12, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »
As soon as I begin a chat conversation it is not possible to exchange any messages. "timeout, reconnecting" appears almost constantly. Sometimes a snipped of chat will be sent through but it is impossible in general.

I'm running it from Apache on my laptop which is connected to my home wireless network. The laptop is more than powerful enough and my internet connection is very fast. I'm not sure what the problem is. It occurs both between computers on the WLAN and when I test it with a friend online.

It would be fantastic if anyone had a solution to this. Otherwise, it seems fantastic software.  :)

sahar

Re: Chat interface won't work - ""timeout, reconnecting"
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:28:57 AM »
hi every body,

I have the same problem.  "timeout, reconnecting" messages shows whenever I try to send a message.  Thus I'm not able to send or receive any message at all!  any guess why it happens? and how can I solve it?

p.s. I have already tried the solution provided in thread:
<url>http://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,283.msg4102.html#msg4102 </url>
It does not work!

Thank you so much!
Sahar.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:18:46 AM by sahar »

sahar

Re: Chat interface won't work - ""timeout, reconnecting"
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:11:39 AM »
Hi  :)

I have FOUND THE SOLUTION in another thread  ;D :

In case you get a "Timeout, reconnecting" error in chat thread window, or waiting user's page and you're using Windows server, you may check if the line below is present in your %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\host file.
Code: [Select]
127.0.0.1        localhost
or you can directly use MySQL sever's host IP (127.0.0.1) in /libs/config.php in your database connection string.
I am not sure but this issue MIGHT BE related to the persian version of this software(happened to me after installing the persian version)

Anyway, solved already!
Thanks