Author Topic: firefox bug in Operator's textarea  (Read 8529 times)

claudio

firefox bug in Operator's textarea
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:25:34 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm running with the latest mibew, 1.6.3, and I'm experiencing a possible ajax bug under firefox (latest version too, 1.9.x, under MacOSX and Windows).

The textarea used by the Operator sometime freeze, no input is more allow. Transference of the chat is the only solution. A bad one Smiley

this happen with both "Enter" and "ctrl+Enter" either trapped to send message. after some input lines, textarea became gray and no further input is possibile.

I've not make any other analysis in the bug. If other information should be helpful I'm ready to provide. I don't put my hands into until I'm sure that no others, with a better knowlege of mibew and ajax, has detected this bug and is developing a solution.

thanks,
Claudio

theoldschooler

Re: firefox bug in Operator's textarea
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
This is still happening in Mibew 1.6.4, I am able to reproduce the problem in Firefox 3.6.15 under the following conditions.

1. Operator types a message and hits send
2. Visitor starts typing in their message textarea
3. Operator's message arrives and is displayed in visitor's window
4. Visitor can no longer continue typing or delete anything in their textarea.

To resume typing the visitor must click outside of the textarea and then click back into it.

crewman

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »
I am using a very simple jQuery script to input unusual characters. It simply runs a bunch of substitutions on the .value of a textarea on every .keyup().

Malachy

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
Hello, did this get resolved? I am experiencing the same problem (Mibew 1.6.4 and FireFox 3.6.2.3) but also on Internet Explorer (on the same test PC).

1. Operator types a message and hits send
2. Visitor starts typing in their message textarea
3. Operator's message arrives and is displayed in visitor's window
4. Visitor can no longer continue typing or delete anything in their textarea.

It seems to be that the message area is stealing focus from the client's typing area. I haven't rolled up my sleeves to get into the code yet. Can anyone suggest a fix for this or shed light on the root cause?

Thank you.
M.

polama

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »
I am getting the same problem. But its in the operator text area. It freezes ion simultaneous write by user and operator. Has it been solved yet?