Author Topic: Initial message to visitor, and constant chiming for operator  (Read 7083 times)

craigbass76

Initial message to visitor, and constant chiming for operator
« on: November 19, 2010, 11:17:49 AM »
http://mibew.org/forums/index.php?topic=536.0

jarradyuhas  mentioned changing the text someone sees when they first get into a chat room.

How does onedo that?  Add a line I mean.  I'm the only one monitoring the chat, but I've got two computers and have to often leave my desk to load trucks (I'm at a lumber yard)
Is there also a way to make mibew keep chiming until a chat request is accepted?  Something like seat belt warnings in newer cars...  If I'm not at my desk to hear the initial DING, and happen to be switched over to the other computer so that I can't see anything blinking, I miss the visitor.

jarradyuhas

• SusQ-Cyber Charter School
Re: Initial message to visitor, and constant chiming for operator
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »
Hey there Craig,

To change the waiting message, go into the Mibew control panel and click on Localize. You will see one there called chat.wait. Once you change the text for that attribute, it will appear to the visitors upon initiating a chat. In regards to the constant notifications, the code is in common.js for the chat sound. I dont know javascript very well, so I am not sure if you can designate that a sound loops through that code. I will check with Ed to see if it is possible.