Author Topic: I cant understand why I always appear to be offline [fixed in 1.6.4]  (Read 12491 times)

egnet

Anyone has same problem?
I installed mibew and everything works on admin side.

When i put the button code on a website it always shows "offline".
I login as operator and on the website they should see there is somebody ready to assist right?

Is there something i am missing?
I should log in from a different page?

My button is here!
http://livehelp.egwit.com/bottone.php
Is always offline even when i'm logged in.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:53:37 PM by Inspirer »

egnet

Re: I cant understand why I always appear to be offline
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »
OK. I found.
I tried to install the software on root directory.
Now i moved it to webim directory and it seems to work

icute

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:14:32 AM »
which directory? can you help me on the directory, i also have this issue but ironically it works before only starting today it doesnt work  :(

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »
To install software into the root folder, change the value of $webimroot variable in libs/config.php to empty string.

GarminForerunner

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:09:54 AM »
Hello, Egnet, have you solved the problem thus way? Recently I'm getting the same proble. It shows offline When i put the button code. Would you please tell me finally how could you get the problem solved?
Thank you.

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
We resolved the problem in 1.6.4 release (should be available by the end of the week).

Or, here is the patch for /button.php (add only 3 lines):

$fp = fopen($filename, 'rb') or die("no image");
+header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");
+header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
+header("Pragma: no-cache");
 header("Content-Type: image/gif");
 header("Content-Length: ".filesize($filename));

usefkl05

Re: I cant understand why I always appear to be offline [fixed in 1.6.4]
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:32:14 PM »
Hi,

I'm using Mibew 1.6.4.  It works very well when the server is in my laptop computer, but when I put it up in the remote server, I get the same problem as described in this thread and also in this other thread http://mibew.org/forums/index.php?topic=224.0 .  I think both threads are talking about the same thing.

I already checked the values of the variables in php.ini and the parameters being passed to header() in /button.php (actually in 1.6.4 this is done in b.php).  They all match the recommended values.

But when I go to the administration console's list of awaiting visitors, I get the message "Your session is expired please login again".  At the same time, on the client when I try to initiate a chat, I only get the screen to leave a message because "no operator is available".  I get the same problem when I use the Windows desktop utility.

So it seems that when Mibew is installed in our remote Linux box, Mibew cannot see when an operator/administrator is logged in and watching the waiting customers list.  At the same time, when a customer wants to initiate a chat, all he/she gets is the screen to leave a message because "no operator is available".

I tried this with IE, Firefox and Chrome in two different computers (six combinations in total), and I keep on getting the same "session expired" message.

How can we fix this problem please?

Thanks