It’s a big pleasure for us to inform you that Mibew Messenger 1.6.6 is officially released.
It’s available for download at the appropriate page.
Despite the principles of the project’s roadmap, by popular demand, and as an exception, there is one new feature that was implemented in the version of 1.6.6:
- support of CAPTCHA in pre-chat survey.
Beside that, in the new version there were corrected a serious security issues. In particular:
- fixed multiple XSS vulnerabilities;
- fixed multiple SQL Injection vulnerabilities;
- fixed CSRF vulnerabilities (including CVE-2012-0829);
- improved algorithms of files handling;
- improved algorithms of generation of hashes and unique IDs, switched to a salted hashes;
- switched to a standard means of protection of the important cookies.
And finally, in order to eliminate confusion, we completely abandoned the old project name everywhere: in cookies’ and variables’ names, and in filepaths and URLs.
The release contains a lot of security updates, so the migration is strongly encouraged.
Attention! During migration to the new version one will need to regenerate all the call buttons.
If you have some comments on the release use the appropriate topic on the forum.