Good news everyone!
After a year and a half of work, we are glad to announce the release of the first beta version of the new Mibew Messenger. We’ve done a colossal work of modernizing the internal structure of Mibew Messenger, implemented several long awaited features, and build a fundament for the future development of the project.
At present time the overall difference between development branches of Mibew Messenger 2.0 and Mibew Messenger 1.6 is almost 13 hundreds commits. In fact, it’s different software products with a different ideologies and architectures, having in common only particular elements of appearance and a certain amount of legacy code. (At the same time one should understand that Mibew Messenger 2.0 is a kind of transitional release. The process of code rewriting will be continued, we plan to finally get rid of all legacy code in the version 3.0.)
Speaking on functional differences between Mibew Messenger 2.0 and the old Mibew Messenger, one should note two principally important new features.
- For end users treating Mibew Messenger as a mean to increase the efficiency of their sites in the new version it is possible for the operators to track visitors and invite them into a chat.
- For third party developers implementing additional features in Mibew Messenger and/or embedding Mibew Messenger into other informational solutions in the new version it is possible to create plugins and themes for the chat window, the administrative interface, and the invitations.
Also, there are a lot of other valuable novelties, but you’d better check them out yourself. In short, the beta version of Mibew Messenger is here and ready for tests and hunting for bugs.
More over, along with Mibew Messenger 2.0.0-beta.1 we offer you several plugins for it:
- Mibew:Emoji – the plugin implementing support of Emoji smileys and icons in chat messages;
- Mibew:GeoIp – the low level plugin making it possible to determine location of a visitor based upon his IP address and the information from the local database in the Maxmind GeoIP2 format (not included in the package);
- Mibew:GoogleMaps – the plugin showing the location of a visitor on Google Maps using data provided by the Mibew:GeoIp plugin;
- Mibew:RealBan – the plugin implementing support of real bans of unwanted visitors by completely hiding them in the lists on the visitors page;
- Mibew:TitleNotification – the plugin implementing alternative way of notifications about new visitors and/or new messages via manipulation of the window title.
Each archive with a plugin contains the guide on its installation. And soon we’re going to publish a brief common guide on plugins installation on our site.