To make the development process more transparent we decided to start publishing quick notes describing our plans and goals.
So, here’s the list of milestones for the actual preliminary development plan for Mibew Messenger.
Things to be implemented in version 2.0 (i.e. before the release of 2.0):
- Front requests controller (based upon the component from Symfony)
- Localization based on .po/.mo files (based upon the component from Symfony)
- Easy-to-use interface for installation and update
- The convenient process of plugins’ installation and update
- Complete set of events for plugins (with compatibility with Symfony framework in mind)
Things to be implemented in version 2.5 (i.e. between 2.0 and 2.5):
- Role-based access control
- Mibew Services API
- Switch to models (with the complete rejection of the function-based code)
- Automated means for checking and making updates (requires launch of the appropriate service at mibew.org)
Things to be implemented in version 3.0 (i.e. between 2.5 and 3.0):
- Removement of the events dispatcher from Mibew Messenger 2.0 (complete switch to Symfony-based one)